Breeze Events - Make Your Event a Breeze
How can I get people’s attention and attract them to my stand?
Create an open, warm, retail-style stand with the most important thing…signage and the way to attract visitors is with a "benefit-oriented" sign.
- Be visible and legible from down an aisle on the showroom floor
- Have words that give a potential client a good reason to stop
- Design a booth that is memorable - give a full experience, not a sales pitch.
- Focus on your target audience and design your stand to appeal to them. Make it clear what product or service you’re offering.
- Take advantage of your back walls and wash your stand in a colour that sets the scene.
- Limit the main colours to three or less; the same applies to textures such as brushed metal, matte vinyl, and clear acrylic.
- Even if your stand is small, be sure to light it adequately, especially for a large trade show.
- Use multimedia (animation, video, audio and interactive kiosks) for attention grabbing impact.
- Use graphics from your products or marketing literature for your stand design. It will help create a consistent branding image.
- For smaller displays, emphasize one strong point. Use a larger display if you need to convey more information.
- Make sure your text is large enough to be read from a distance.
- Place text in the upper half of your display design, so people standing in front of the stand won’t block it.
- Don’t place text over textured backgrounds as it can be difficult to read.
Make your graphics work for you
Signage is a combination of images, text, pictures and words. To be effective, all these elements have to be right and complement each other.
When you’re thinking about words, here are some points to keep in mind:
- Keep the message short, clear and easy to understand. 6 - 10 words maximum
- Big colourful graphics are a must. If you don't know where to get them or need some ideas, just Google the word "stock photography"
- Keep all of your text at waist level or above. Don't make people look down to read and keep your text big and short and easily readable – don’t make it too long
- Try headings that have worked well in other marketing material you have used
- Where possible use high impact words like “New”, “Free”, “Now”, “Save” etc
- Use upper and lower case lettering – signs all in upper case are harder to read.
Preview graphics before they are printed. Ask someone who doesn't know much about your company to check it over. Then take the proof away and ask them if they can tell you what your company's name is, what it does, and what they know about it.
For any enquires on Event Management Gold Coast, Corporate Events Gold Coast, and Conference and Incentives Days please call Jo. Jo can bring all her experience, passion and skill to the table to create a fresh and innovative partnership with you. Click here to get our Ebrochure & download our PDF.
Events Gold Coast